Sunday, June 23, 2013

The New and Improved - Pink Grapefruit

When I first started soaping I stocked up with lots of molds and fragrances.  Thinking that I was going to score big and just be a natural.  Little did I know the time and dedication that goes to working with this craft.  I can't tell you how many times I have changed my basic recipe to come to a bar of soap that I really enjoy.  They were not kidding when they said it will take you a couple of months to figure out what works best and how it will behave...and that's not even including fragrances and colors.

Wow!  so much to learn and absorb, and I think I am finally happy with how my soaps are turning out.  I am certainly happy with my ingredients.  In my learning process I found out that my skin dries out if I use more than 20% of Coconut Oil in my recipes.  So I have tweak and tweak until I am happy with about 10-15% :), and sub other oils to help with lather/bubbles.

But I am getting off track.  The reason for this post is to talk about my latest soap.  Fragrance with one of the first fragrance oils I purchase when I started soaping:  Bramble Berry Pink Grapefruit!.  I love it.  It is a very light, delicate, citrus fragrance.

One of my first posts was about this fragrance and the challenges I had with the Rose Mica that morphed on me.  I certainly have picked up more experience with my colors for sure.

Today I give you the new and improved Pink Grapefruit!!!



In case you are wondering.  I did a swirl in the pot. Colors that I used:  Electric Bubble Gum Pink, Titanium Dioxide, and finished it off with body safe glitter.

Here are two short videos as well :)




I certainly have come a long way!!!

Thanks for checking out my blog!



Happy Soaping!!!
Roxana



9 comments:

  1. That is the perfect color - I swear I can smell the pink grapefruit through my computer! Beautiful soap, Roxana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissy! It's a really nice fragrance!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am so glad that you used the Electric Bubble Gum Pink, it pairs perfectly with the Pink Grapefruit scent and really makes your soap pop! Great job on using the vines in your post, I love seeing soaping in action. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Roxana! I love those neon colors - Electric Bubble Gum is a great color, and it's perfect for Pink Grapefruit. I'll bet it smells great! I like to go back through old posts, photos, and notes and see how I've progressed, too. Your soaps are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTY Roxana! Great use of the Vine videos too. Electric Bubble Gum is my favorite pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I got to tell you that it has taken me a couple of "small" disasters to get here, but the learning experience has been rewarding. Certainly keep trying!

    ReplyDelete