Saturday, March 22, 2014

Time for "Fresh"

With our very SHORT Winter exiting and Spring arriving, I am starting to turn to my "green and fresh" fragrances.  Hiding in my closet and waiting to come forward was "Badedas"!  The description of this fragrance is: 
...blend of fresh, invigorating leafy greens & florals, basil, citrus, amber, and musk...

It's a very nice clean and fresh fragrance and I was pretty happy to soap with it.  I thought about the type of swirl to do for this and decided for "In the Pot Swirl".  

My colors: Titanium Dioxide, 24K Gold Mica, Omega Blue Ultramarine, and Hydrated Green Chrome Pigment.  Please applaud me because I finally figured out that "less is best" and ended up not dumping the entire pot of color in the soap mix! :)

As usual I added my favorite Goat Milk and this time decided to add some Colloidal Oatmeal for soothing.  The vendor listed this fragrance as not accelerating, and it actually did a little on me. Even with soaping at a low temperatures.  I was starting to be concerned that I may not  be able to do my swirl since the soap was starting to thicken up on me.  But in the end the results were pretty nice and I was happy with it.



If you look closely the milk really wanted to gel this one.  You can see a little bit of the power circle in the middle.  I even stored it in the fridge overnight.  If I would have left it in the counter it would have definitely gel on me for sure.  Sadly the fragrance is starting to fade.  I did not remember from the comments that it does, so now I will just have to wait and see how long it will hang on for.



I am loving that with the time change I have much more light to enjoy later in the day.  I can take advantage of this when I take pictures of my soaps!

Thanks for checking out my blog!


HAPPY SOAPING!!!
Roxana


14 comments:

  1. That soap definitely looks refreshing, love the color combo...subtle but yet bold at the same time. I really like the dark honey color of the 24K mica. I can just imagine how good it smells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee! I really like how this 24K mica looks in the soap. A lot better than the other gold micas I have. I am starting to run low and will need to purchase some more!

      Delete
  2. Everything about this soap is handsome! I never believed a scent could come back but it happened to me once, so I'm hoping it will for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope it does too...it would be a shame since I really liked the fragrance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m also wishing that the scent does stick and get stronger. That is a amazing in a pot swirl. Mine looks so different that I thought that you had made a drop swirl with a soap batter with very light trace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think what made it different is that the soap had started to set on me. The swirl was not as fluid as I usually do for this type of swirl

      Delete
  5. True, it doesn't look like ITP swirl, more like faux funnel. Whatever, it's gorgeous and I like colours you chose. You've been very productive lately, right? All beauties as a result of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maja!!! Like I explained above, I think the ITP came out a little different because the soap started to set on me...I have a feeling that made it be a little different :)

      Delete
  6. *Applause* Bravo! Not to say that lots of colours is a bad thing, but I'm glad you got the colour tint you wanted. It's very pretty, and I love the swirls. YOu have such a great touch with making those swirls. The scent sounds lovely, nothing like a fresh scent for the start of spring.Would the fragrance be more apparent once the soap is being used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! The fragranced will continue to fade. Even now it's starting to fade some more :(

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty spring soap. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is such a gorgeous soap, Roxana! I love those colors and the swirls are perfect. I struggle sometimes to remember that less is more, too. I usually end up over-coloring because I'm afraid of running out. You did a beautiful job! Bravo, and applause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny!!! I go over board with my colors a lot more times than I really want. I always have something in mind and then end up being too heavy handed with them

      Delete