I picked my three colors. I wanted a really nice bright color scheme and here is what I came up with. The lighting isn't all that great since I was soaping at night.
I was doing really good I tell you. I was going on my merry little way. Added the cardboard dividers to my mold and carefully poured my soap. It was right as I was doing my swirl that I noticed something was VERY WRONG.
I am not sure if you can see, but there is NO LINER. I forgot to wrap the mold with a liner!!! So there I was, admiring my beautiful Mantra Swirl and debating whether I should pour the soap out of the mold and just mix all the colors together or take a chance and figure out how to take the soap out of the mold later. I decided to wait. I wrapped up my soap and put it to bed.
I debated on how to take it out. I even Google it to see if there was anyone else that had done this before as well. Apparently I'm the the first to do this dumb mistake, and why I'm I not surprised!!!
So I decided to take a thin carving knife and carefully separate it from the sides. It worked! Well, not as clean as one would expect but at least I was able to take most of the soap out of the mold. I did end up with a lot of scraps, which I will use to decorate future soaps.
In the mean time I can't help but admire my first Mantra Swirl. The colors came out very nice. I used a dupe fragrance scent "Chance". It's one of my favorite perfume's and I was happy to find that Natures Garden carried it. Here are the final bars. Not bad :)
I really like this technique and will definitely try it again...but next time WITH A LINER! :o)
Thanks for checking out my blog!