Well I took a day off at work and while the kids where at daycare and school I went to work. I was so excited! I went to the store and bought Buttermilk and Yogurt. I have been curious lately about making soap with these two ingredients :)
I ran both of my recipes through my soaping software that I have installed in my computer and off I went to make soap. From a previous post you can see the soap that I made from Buttermilk. Well I with my Yogurt Soap I decided to use Lilac fragrance oil. The last batched I tried with Lilac did not go so well so I was hoping this time around it would be a success.
I added the Yogurt to the oils, and when I finally added the lye water I had to work quickly since the fragrance started to rice on me. I used my stick blender to smooth it out a bit but it did not allow me to any fancy swirls.
Now, here is the kicker!
When I started to pour the mixture in the mold I started to realise that I did not have enough soap! I was a little stumped...and then I panicked thinking that I had not used the correct amount of oils. I reviewed my print out, and everything seemed OK...and then it hit me. I did not resize my recipe to fit into the 3 pound mold! I had made two 2 pound recipes.
I only own one of each, 2 pound and 3 pound :o/... Well that didn't make me too happy. My soap bars were going to turn out a bit short. sigh....
Oh well...I refused to let this get me down. I was going to have Lilac Soap! with Yogurt!
So I finished it up and stored it in the fridge to prevent gelling
Here are the final bars:
I ended up cutting them a little thicker since they were not as tall :)
I think they came out OK...can't wait to try them out
Thanks for checking out my blog!