I did once have a soap batch that turned out very nice out of the mold and as soon as it started to cure it turn a dirty looking beige. It was pretty weird and kind of fascinating at the same time.
So I was wondering if I should do any type of planning when I decided to soap with my next fragrance: Dreamcatcher (from Rustic Escentuals). Its a nice light, feminine fragrance. The vendor does warn about slight discoloration so I thought to add a little more Titanium Dioxide to see if it will lighten it up, and decided to add some yellow, and red mica.
I was surprised to see that it discolored, but not dark, instead yellow. At one point my yellow and white were just about the same color but eventually the yellow started to pop a little more.
I like how the swirl turn out. Nice and flowing, and sort of flirty!
For this batch I decided to soap with full Goats Milk. Freezing the milk and slowly adding the lye to the frozen cubes. What I find surprising is how thin my soap batter was. It took me a good couple of minutes to reach thin trace. I did not do anything different with my recipe and I wonder if the real cool lye/milk mixture had a lot to do with it. It may be hopeful with trying the Peacock Swirl once again! :)
I am still working on finishing up my template for my new blog. I am stalling a bit since I am really pretty nervous about transferring all my post to the new site. Just thinking about it makes me all jittery!
Thanks for checking out my blog!