I bought large molds, thinking...I am going to make tons of soap! Little did I know that it would take me many soap batches before I was comfortable and happy with my soaping recipe. Little by little I have learned that in the soaping world when you are just learning small batches is not all that bad :).
So there I was, remembering my little disasters and "oily/soft" soap when I realised...hmmm...did I just weight all my Goats Milk with my regular water???!...The plan was to split them in half. Add my Goats Milk to my oils and mix 40% of the water with my lye. Well, so much for that!
I had all my ingredients sorted and spread out. I really did not want to freeze the Goats Milk/water, so I decided to risk it and prayed that the lye would not scorch my milk! I placed my lye container in an ice bath and added the lye little by little. It actually was not bad. It did turn a little goldish brown, but not very dark, so I think I may have gotten lucky!
Here is a picture of the final bars. I used "Butterfly Hugs" fragrance oil from Natures Garden. A mix of apple blossom, lily of the valley and rose petals. It's really nice and soaped very well.
I must also mention that I really had a different idea for the design. I saw this cookie and cupcake decorating set at a store recently, and I got so excited by all the things I could do with it! Not to mention that I found it in the sales area :).
Only problem was that I did not wait long enough for the soap to firm up and as a result it ended up a runny mess all over the top of soap. That did not go very well...so I had to improvise, and here are the results once I was able to pour it in the mold.
Not bad...I must say that I enjoyed working again with this mold. It was fun to take a walk down memory lane. I may just try soaping with it again on my next try :)
Thanks for checking out my blog!