Saturday, December 29, 2012

Mardi Gras...and I am sticking to it!

When you browse the web stores that sell Fragrance Oils you tend to come across some interesting names...

I recently purchased 2 ounces of the following fragrance oil that is described by the store as the following:  wonderful blend of sparkling strawberries, raspberries, citrus greenery, and soft florals.

That sounded pretty nice and I decided to purchase and was not disappointed.  It does have that berry scent to it that hints at Mulberries and Strawberries.  I definitely enjoyed soaping with it so much that I decided to order more!

Now the actual name of the fragrance is pretty interesting...."Purple Hooters".  Yes, you read that correct.  He he... When I told my niece the name of the fragrance as she was admiring it she turned a deep shade of pink.  So I figured maybe we should call this soap differently.  I am thinking Mardi Gras, because of the colors. 

The fun purple and blues of Mardi Gras.  Don't you agree?
Here are a couple of pics:

 
 
 

The white has started to discolor to a very pale yellow.  Maybe next time I will try to add titanium dioxide to keep the color lighter.  The scent is still pretty nice :)

This is the last post of this year.  I thank you for checking my blog!  This year has been a journey with many trial and misses with my new addicting hobbit.  It has been fun and look forward to the new year with many more soaps to make! 

It's time to make spring soaps! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE and Happy Soaping!!! :)
 
 
Roxana

9 comments:

  1. Wow, so so beautiful!!!
    Love the colours you used! You got a gorgeous soap, Roxana!
    Wish you a happy, healthy, successful 2013 full of beautiful soaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia!!! Happy New Year to you as well and thank you for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Mardi Gras is a perfect name and the fragrance sounds fantastic...it looks like a party soap, very pretty! Wishing you all the best for 2013 Roxana!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly the fragrance has started to turn the white a soft yellow. But it still smells amazing!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous soap, Roxana! The droplet swirls are so pretty, and I love the colors. The high-pour technique is one of my new favorites. Happy New Year, and have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny!
      I must confess that I have stayed aways from this technique since I always managed to over mix my soap and it thickens up on me fast. I was pretty happy with how it turned out that I may practice some more in 2013! HAPPY NEW YEAR JENNY!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the soap! The droplet effect really works so well with the colors you chose. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne-Marie! For some reason I have been using a lot of blue and purples lately :)

      Delete