I have been brainstorming trying to figure out what color theme to use with it. I decided to try the Ombre layer style soap, where you start from one light color and little by little add a different color from a separate soap batch so it looks like you are blending both colors together. The first time I tried it I did it with Ultramarine and I was a little too generous with the blue. The result was a nice Ombre blue bar of soap but lots of blue in the shower floor :(
This time I decided to try a bright yellow blending into a deep red. Well, at least I thought that was what I was getting until I got carried away trying to figure out how I was going to blend both the colors and forgot to add the fragrance! This was right after I had separated the soap in two batches and had already added yellow to one of the halves :( SO I had to combined both mixes together to add the fragrance, as a result I now had a light orange/pink color for the red instead of the deep red I was dreaming of...sigh :(
I also noticed that I forgot to add my Sodium Lactate ... which meant that I may have to wait a little longer to unmold this batch. Fortunately I used a good balance of palm oil so I knew I would have a good hard bar. I do need to work on my mixing skills with my stick blender. I am really getting a lot of little bubbles in my final bars :(
Well, I guess I would say I'm a bit happy with the results. It does seem like the layers are too close together in color so I definitely need to work on the layering technique.
I am enjoying the scent and pretty happy with how it soaped :)
Thanks for checking out my blog!