I have been admiring some recent blogs from some awesome soapmakers out there and have been tempted to do some embeds in my soap. I love Cee Gee soap blog "Oil and Butter", here is the link:
Oil and Butter Soap Blog
Not only are her soaps beautiful, she is very creative and has some very cute soaps with embeds in it. After admiring her "Polar Bear Blog", I have been brainstorming on some basic ideas of my own.
I decided to try some heart embeds and use Brambleberry's Berrywine fragrance oil. I have blogged about this fragrance before and just love the wonderful berry scent :).
The embeds I created with Melt and Pour. This is a glycerin soap base that you cut up to small pieces, melt in the microwave, and pour into molds after you scent and color it. It sounds simple but it's a little tricky at times if you are trying to do a complicated design and if your color scheme decides to turn a different color due to the fragrance oil. But I decided to go basic and just go with a clear base and color it with neon purple and added some sparkle. Here are the results of the final log:
It smells amazing!...but here is my problem. The color of the soap changed on me! It was suppose to have turned out as a very soft purple to compliment the purple hearts. Sometime during the night as it sat in the fridge it got lighter and now its a very soft pink :(...not exactly what I was looking for. I am hoping that with the cure it will darken a bit more.
Overall I am happy with my first embed project. I am starting to think of other ideas to try...I will keep you posted!
Thanks for checking out the blog!