With this in mind I decided to try a safer fragrance "Soapy Clean" from Bramble Berry. A very nice, fresh from the shower "clean" fragrance. I figured that I should be ok....ha!
Well here is how it turned out...
Wondering what I am complaining about? Well if you look really closely you will see all these little tiny yellow dots. Not good. I checked it to make sure it was ok to use and it zapped on me. :(
I was disappointed since I was so in loveeeeeeeeeee with the swirl!.
So what happened? When I started to prep my oils, lye and goats milk everything was going on fine. Then I checked my temperature and noticed that I had dropped down to 90 degrees. It was pretty low. I should have stayed between 100-110. I decided to go ahead an combined them all since I was also hoping that the goats milk would not overheat the batch. Everything mix well but as soon as I added the fragrance oil I immediately got some little bumps. I tried to smoothed it out as much as I could with the stick blender and poured in the mold, but once I was able to umold and cut I noticed that I was not able to use it after all.
So off I go to my favorite soap forum for a bit of advice, Teachsoap.com. I was reassured that I can easily rebatch it. Well I did not want to waste all my precious oils and goats milk so off I go and get started.
Chopping away and adding it to the crock pot. Poor beautiful swirled soap :(
Waiting till it melted down to consistency of mashed potatoes and making sure all the mixture was combined/mixed nicely:
Plopping it in the mold (it was later that I realised that I could have smoothed it down with covering it with plastic wrap):
And the final results:
Now I must admit that it's no beauty compared to how it first started, but it's kind of growing on me. It has an interesting nautical look to it and the wonderful "Soapy Clean" smell. I think I am ok with it :)
Thanks for checking out my blog! Happy Soaping!